Pi Alpha Alpha (PAA) is a global honor society for Public Affairs and Administration. John Jay College maintains a local chapter.
The Pi Alpha Alpha Website provides more information about this honor society.
PAA membership is in two stages:
Candidates are members of the John Jay Chapter of Pi Alpha Alpha while they complete their studies.
- Candidacy at 18 graduate credits
- Have at least a 3.85 GPA
- Nomination for National Membership at 30 credits
- To learn more about the membership, please contact Professor Judy-Lynne Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Melissa McShea (email@example.com)
National Membership Criteria:
National Membership in Pi Alpha Alpha is based on a student’s GPA after 30 credits are earned.
- 30 credits or more
- Eligible to graduate in the spring semester
- At least 3.85 GPA effective in fall 2021
- Fall and summer graduates who achieve at least a 3.85 GPA by the end of the semester in which they graduate are eligible in the following spring semester
- 90 credits or more
- 3.75 GPA