The MPA in Public Policy and Administration offers specialization in Management and Operations, Human Resources Management, Law and Public Management, Criminal Justice Policy and Administration, Emergency Management, and Urban Affairs. Being a large urban program in one of the world’s most diverse cities affords the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life, enriching educational experience, and push the frontier of diverse leadership in the public sector.
MPA Public Policy and Administration Program (Campus and Online):
- Management and Operations
- Human Resources Management
- Law and Public Management (Campus Only)
- Criminal Justice Policy and Administration
- Emergency Management
- Urban Affairs (Campus Only)
- Public Policy Analysis (Campus Only)
Our Inspection and Oversight program is unique. It trains students to work as monitors of government programs, fighting fraud, waste, corruption, and mismanagement. Not only does it offer an extraordinary variety of coursework designed to impart the necessary skills, but it also offers a connection to the Association of Inspectors General (AIG), a national organization of state and local inspectors general, physically housed in and administered out of our offices. Our students have the opportunity to network at the annual AIG conference, and to be mentored by members of AIG.
MPA Investigation and Oversight Program (Campus and Online):
- Forensic Accounting (Campus Only)
- International Inspection and Oversight
- Investigation and Operational Inspection
- Organizational Assessment and Monitoring
- Law and Inspection and Oversight (Campus Only)
- Inspection and Oversight for Healthcare Services
- Advanced Certificate in Forensic Accounting (Campus Only)
The programs (PPA and IO) share common foundation courses, and a student admitted to one program can transfer to the other program without special approval or application fees.