Advisory Board

Michael Brown

I am an Internal Audit Analyst for the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), a non-profit community development financial institution. I began my career working in grants management and compliance, overseeing the administration of private and federal funding to nonprofit sub-grantees across the country, as well as developing and analyzing internal policies and procedures related to private grants management. I am currently a part of a new team of internal auditors overseeing the activities of LISC and its affiliates, and I am in training to receive a Certified Internal Audit certification through The Institute of Internal Auditors.

Gregory Vayngurt

I graduated from John Jay with my MPA in December 2019.  Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY.  I have worked for Assemblywoman Helene Weinstein (Chair of the NYS Assembly Ways and Means Committee) for over 5 years.  I have worked in both a legislative and community liaison capacity for Helene.  I have worked on many pieces of Legislation from the grassroots level. I want to help the John Jay MPA program build strong relationships with city agencies and great companies.  The expansion of networking is necessary past the law enforcement field.  Alumni deserve a great job with great upward mobility.

Cinnamon Paltoo

I am a graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice (Class of 2020) with a Master of Public Administration with a dual concentration in Human Resources & Operations Management.  I received my Undergrad degree from John Jay as well in Public Administration. During my time as a student, I served as Vice President of the Master of Public Administration Student Association (MPASA) and was a member of the Differential Tuition Committee. I am a newly appointed member of the MPA Advisory Board.

I currently work for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Department of Buses where I handle the administrative functions for the Chief Officer of Operations Planning and the office of President for MTA Bus Company. I am a key member of the Buses Customer Outreach team, leading logistical efforts for the Bronx and Queens Bus Network Redesigns. In addition to my role in Buses, I am the lead coordinator for the Operations Planning Enrichment Development Program (OPED), which is a program designed to further enhance the skillsets of its participants through cross-training and learning different aspects of the organization. I also am the Co-chair and Leadership Circle member of Equal Treatment for Women – a Transit Empowerment Group designed to foster upward-mobility of women at the MTA.

I am a married mother of two school-aged children. Everything I do in my life circles back to my family and to my children. To that end, and in order to maintain a hand in their education, I serve as Vice President of the Parent Council Executive Committee at Success Academy. I am an active member of Queens Community Board 13. A common thread that you will see throughout my personal, professional, and academic lives is my desire to serve and help others. It is a passion of mine that stems from a desire to give back, allowing others to take advantage of the same opportunities that I have been given.