HOW CAN I PAY FOR COLLEGE?
We are here to help our students get a world-class education at great value. As a public college in The City University of New York (CUNY) system, our tuition is a fraction of the cost of attending a private college or university of comparable quality.
Investing In You
We believe that a student’s financial resources should not be a barrier to enrollment. Our financial aid programs are designed to be an investment in our students’ academic life.
Tuition & Fees
Our tuition and fees vary according to your undergraduate or graduate classification as a continuing student, a new student, a matriculated student or a non-degree student, and whether or not you are a resident of New York State. To access the complete tuition and fees schedule, please visit our tuition and fees page.
Solution for Your Needs
“A student’s financial resources” cannot be a barrier to enrollment – only the lack or inadequacy of such resources can constitute a barrier. John Jay College of Criminal Justice is committed to supporting you and your family in finding the best solution for your financial needs. Whether you are a prospective or current student, please know that we are working on your behalf.
Our programs offer many ways to pay for college, including both government-funded and private sources of financial assistance:
- Federal and State Grants: Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Loans: Loans need to be repaid.
- Scholarships: Scholarships are usually based on academic merit and financial need and do not need to be repaid.
- Federal work-study: This consists of part-time employment, either on or off campus, contracted through the Financial Aid Office.
- Excelsior Scholarship: For frequently asked questions regarding the Excelsior Scholarship please visit- CUNY Excelsior Scholarship FAQs or HESC Excelsior Scholarship FAQs
- Apply Now at https://www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior/
- Financial Aid for Undocumented Students- Through the passage of the Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act qualifying undocumented students can apply for State Financial Aid and Scholarships including the Tuition Assistance Program and the Excelsior Scholarship. To determine your eligibility, learn about details and to apply please visit:
- Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/
For information regarding Federal Financial Aid please view the FAQ for Undocumented Students: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/sites/default/files/financial-aid-and-undocumented-students.pdf
We encourage you to file your forms early and accurately. To get started, fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. Be sure to file as soon as possible after October 1, each year.
If you have more questions about financial aid, please contact us at 212.237.8151 or visit Jay Express Service Center.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00AM – 4:45PM
Tuesday: 9:00AM – 4:45PM
Wednesday: 9:00AM – 4:45PM
Thursday: 9:00AM – 4:45PM
Friday*: 9:00AM – 2:45PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed