What Do Academic Advisors Do?
You are encouraged to contact your academic advisors as soon as possible after admission!
- Provide academic counseling and advisement to students of the Master of Public Administration programs
- Advise potential, incoming, and continuing graduate students on program requirements, course options, and official College steps towards graduation
- Develop degree completion plans; academic plans; perform degree audits and arrange for faculty advising of MPA students
- Collaborate with multiple college departments to facilitate a smoother transition for students, as well as resolving student issues
- Evaluate internal, external, and international collegiate transcripts for transfer credit
- Provide regular evening and weekend availability for advisement, classroom presentations, and misc. events
- Maintain students’ records, forms, and files digitally and on paper